Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Here we go!!

This morning I woke up super early!! 7:00 a.m. and I couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and said goodbye to Monica and the girls as they left for work and school. I made a cappuccino and then breakfast, and pulled up some English lesson ideas for the girls. (I don't like cappuccinos, definitely for sure about that one lol)

Since it was Tuesday, the open market was set up in the city ... I walked down to see what I could see :o) Vendor after vendor were selling so many purses, jewelry, bags, and clothes! A few things caught my eye ... I don't have any euros with me because I'm waiting to do the exchange when Sergio goes to Rome, but I will be going back to the market on Friday :o)

A very big hill + one hungry gal = not a fun walk :oP But I made it! I was alone for lunch today, so I grilled some veggies and gathered up some leftovers. I thought it was a great lunch!! I read A Thousand Splendid Suns during and after lunch. Almost done!! Instead of finishing the book, I listened to a sermon on iTunes (in English) ... Tommy Nelson has a series on the Song of Solomon (listen to it!!). It was a great time in the Word! About that time Monica came home. We shared about our days, ate some apples, drank coffee, and got ready for an evening of running around here and there.

Our first stop was a neighbor up the street, Rosita ... She is such a sweet lady!! She has two boys around the same age as Nicole and Greta. She was very persistent about me eating something (I took a sweet roll with Nutella), said I was thin. Haha! She wants me to come over once a week to eat dinner with her family and practice speaking English. Cool beans!!

Then Monica and I went to the library :oD I got a card and chose a book from the small list of available English books ... The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien is my first choice. It's a large book. Next, we went to the community college to see if there were any classes I might be interested in taking ... Intro to Italian, sewing, pottery making, yoga, and many more. The problem is the cost can't be cut even though I would only be able to make the class for half the time it is offered. Then we were off to the inside pool to get a membership for the girls, pharmacy, curtain store, and then to Monica's mom's house for dinner. It was so fun being there with her family ... Not all of them, just her mom, brother, sister-in-law and their two kids (8 month old Angelica is soooo cute ... she doesn't crawl, she scoots sitting up!! lol) and of course Nicole and Greta. The meal was wonderful ... Yes, Momma, I ate my veggies :o) Even the cooked spinach. We spent the rest of the evening watching soccer games and Angelica. With a little more help, I think she will understand the crawling thing.

What a full and blessed day!!! I'm so glad I was up and about early and got so many things accomplished ... It's great to feel productive :o)

Thank you for your prayers!!

Grace and peace,
Jodi

4 comments:

  1. You had a super productive day!!! I am tired after reading all about it ;-) Glad you are keeping busy..... and eating your veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know you're getting your fill over there but I'll be sure to let you know what I end up eating at the fair this weekend....just to rub it in a little. I make your blog one of my daily stops! I love to read about the new things you're experiencing. Hopefully, Amy and I (and baby) can travel in that area sometime!I'm glad to hear you're having such a great time. Talk to you soon!

    Cousin Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your busy busy day. BTW-- loved getting to talk to yesterday!! now all I need to get is skpe so I can see your beautiful face. :) but you made me day 100000x better yesterday. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Momma!

    Haha awesome Kevin!! Ya'll have fun at the fair :o) I haven't been in years ... You will need to travel to Italy some time in your life!!

    Jessica, get skype!! lol. You made my day 100000x better!!! I love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete